It is 12 days to Christmas and soon more time will become available to relax and unwind, so why not do the opposite and take the ChristmaHUS Quiz challenge ?
Test your knowledge on aHUS and the world of aHUS in all its facets. Alone, in a team, or in competition have a go at answering the 20 questions below.
The answers are given ” well below” so there is no chance of “accidentally” seeing them as you take the Quiz. Once done count up your correct answers and see how well you have performed.
Each answer has a link to page in the alliance website where you can read more about the topic, particularly where you got the answer wrong. 🙂
CHRISTMaHUS QUIZ 2017
1. Who gave the Haemolytic Uraemic Syndrome ( HUS) its name?
- Professor W Symmers
- Professor T Goodship
- Professor Bernard S Kaplan
- Professor Conrad von Gasser
2. In which component of the Complement System was the first aHUS predisposing mutation found?
3. Germany has a population of 80 million, roughly how many aHUS patients does it have?
- Between 0 and 149
- Between 150 and 449
- Between 450 and 749
- Between 750 and 1000
4.When is a woman most likely to experience aHUS whilst having a child?
- Up to first 3 months of pregnancy
- Between 3 month and 6 months of pregnancy
- Between 6 and 9 months of pregancy
- After birth.
5. Dr Marina Noris is an eminent aHUS researcher , where is she base
d. Toronto , Canada
6. Roughly how much of the price of eculizumab covers its production?
7. When is aHUS Awareness Day
- 20 September
- 24 September
- 25 September
- 30 September
8. Which parts of the Complement system make up the “C3 convertase” in the alternative pathway which activates the Membrane Attack Complex?
9. Where is the “Life and Legacy Wall” to be found?
- New Haven
10. How long ago did TMA or thrombotic microangiopathy get its name
- 90 years
- 65 years
- 20 years
- 12 years
11. What is title of the study being carried out into the economic use of eculizumab in The Netherlands?
12. What is the most likely diagnosis of this case study “A 11 year old boy with a history of TMA and HUS and kidney loss in his native kidneys and transplant.
- Secondary aHUS
13. By what measure in the Rare Disease day video did Brody of California use to assess his self esteem after aHUS , did he use his?
- SWAG Factor
- SWEG factor
- SWIG factor
- SWUG factor
14. Which new national aHUS patient organisation was announced on the day of the alliance’s Symposium about aHUS and TMA in Boston in August this year?
- aHUS Poland
- aHUS South Africa
- aHUS Israel
- aHUS Pakistan
15. When was the aHUS alliance launched , on a Rare Disease Day in ?
16. What image does the aHUS alliance use in its aHUS awareness day materials?
- Blue Sky Rocket
- Yellow Submarine
- Red Balloon
- White Elephant
17. For a disease to be rare in the USA it must affect no more than?
- 5000 people
- 100,000 people
- 200,000 people
- 250,000 people
18.What is the name of the group that sings the aHUS song “A Rare One” ?
- Rickety Bridges
- Bridget Riches
- Bricky Bridges
- Tricky Britches
19. Cemdisiran is a complement inhibitor that uses which technology?
20. Roughly how many aHUS patients were enrolled in the aHUS Registry by end of November 2017?
|0 to 4 Correct||Your performance is as good as “random answering”. Make a new year’s resolution to read the aHUS alliance website more|
|5 to 9 Correct||At the top end good effort. At the bottom end you would have done better answering all Cs.|
|10-14 Correct||Good knowledge of a complex subject in all its facets.|
|15 to 20 Correct||You have an excellent awareness of the World of aHUS. You are awarded an Honorary B. aHUS|